I’ve been floating around the blogosphere for a while. It’s no surprise that we love lists. We are list people. I have seen a 101 in 1001 page on most blogs, and it got me thinking. Could I do it? Did I want to do it? Well, I think I got my answer, right? I was inspired by Mackenzie, who blogs at Design Darling. Her list is absolutely amazing. Check it out and I guarantee that you will be inspired to create your own too!
Starts: June 6, 2015
Ends: March 3, 2018
- Get my undergrad degree.
- Read one book in a day.
- Have a proper savings plan.
- Shift my blog to a self-hosted site.
- Donate blood.
Answer these fifty questions(part one/part two/part three/part four/part five). Completely disconnect for 24 hours. Visit Wellington.
- Try a fitness class.
No café coffee for a month (31/31)
- Go on an overnight trip alone.
- Go ice-skating.
- Watch a movie the day it comes out.
- Move out. Properly.
- Exercise five days a week for a whole month.
- Overhaul my blog (edit old posts, branding, layout, etc.).
- Make every recipe in a cookbook.
Read a set university textbook cover-to-cover. Go to bed at 10:30pm every night for two weeks.
- Host a Twitter chat.
Attend a #brunchclub event.
- Send a care package to a friend living overseas.
- Kiss in the rain.
Watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day. Go without alcohol for a month. Plan a surprise for a family member. Have brunch with friends.
- Have a pet (even if it is a pet goldfish and/or pet rock).
- Document major events for a year (birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc.).
- Read fifty books (16/50).
Attend a concert. Read for thirty minutes a day for a month.
- Try a cronut.
Be totally caffeine-free for a whole month. Attend a Meetup/Eventbrite event in Auckland.
- Play mini golf.
Have my makeup professionally done.
- Write a letter to myself to open at the end the challenge.
- Wear togs on the beach for an entire afternoon.
- Go to a wine tasting event.
- Reread the Harry Potter series.
- Put $5 into savings for every accomplished goal ($20.00/$505.00).
- Renew my passport.
- Complete a colour run.
Dress up for Halloween (or a Halloween party).
- Get a MAC beauty product.
Get my full drivers licence. Attend a networking event. Read the newspaper every day for a week. Sponsor a blog that I love. Learn something new.
- Whiten my teeth.
Organise a date.
- Write a guest post for another blog.
- Blog every day for a week.
- Buy someone flowers. Just because.
Memorise a recipe.
- Sort through all my social media accounts.
Organise my phone (delete old contacts, messages, photos, etc.).
- Try thirty recipes from Pinterest (1/30).
- Pay for a stranger’s coffee.
Establish a new feature on my blog. Attend a high tea.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Go sky-diving.
Stop taking sugar in my coffee.
- Get my third (and final) tattoo.
Submit a piece of writing to a website (and have it published).
- Write in a journal every day for one month (0/28).
- Get a plant and keep it alive (for this whole challenge (408/1001).
- Get a psychic reading.
- Visit the zoo.
Touch/ride in my favourite car of all time. Go to lunch/dinner/coffee (in a completely platonic manner) with an ex.
- Send out Christmas cards.
- Buy a Pandora charm for myself.
Go skinny-dipping. Make my own sushi.
- Do something active every day for two weeks.
Go makeup free for one week.
- Complete a thirty day yoga challenge.
Ignore the statistics page on my blog for a week.
Try a cupcake from The Girl On The Swing. Upgrade my camera.
- Visit the Sky Tower.
- Write 50 pages for a book (0/50).
- Read a biography.
- Pay off $1,000 of my student loan ($0/$1,000).
Pick up a hitchhiker (and live to tell the tale).
- Don’t swear for a whole day.
Connect with an old lecturer/tutor. Say thank you. Go one month without candy (28/28). Go on a blind date.
- Write my 500th blog post.
Make my bed every day for one month (28/28). Volunteer/donate.
- Attend a (motor) race event.
- Get my first “real job”.
Wear high heels for a night.
- Complete this list (and start a new one).