Well, it has been a while since I’ve written one of these, hasn’t it? I believe it was June. Whoops. I’m not going to make excuses, but I found out that I was pregnant in June. That news turned my life upside down (in a good way) and I have been trying to figure it out ever since. I’m now twenty weeks pregnant
(holy shit) and I’m starting to feel like I need to achieve more…so, here we are!
I’m restarting my monthly goals, and October seems a good a time as any!
- Do one thing around the house every day
- Hand in all of my assignments on time (only six to go)!
- Take the dog to the beach/exercise her every day
- Go for a proper walk every second day
- Establish (and stick to) a study schedule (of sorts)
- Try to find a midwife in Hamilton
that is happy to give me so many drugs that I’ll basically be knocked out in February
- Drink one litre of water a day (because I am awful at remembering to drink water)
- Eat one piece of fruit (or vegetable) with every meal
I have to admit. It feels good to have those goals written down. They’re all simple things that I can achieve every day if I’m mindful about it; however, I get caught up in life far too easily. I’m hormonal and sometimes all I want to do is nap. I’m hungry and all I want to eat is cheese and carbs, and all I want to drink is chocolate milk. My food habits aren’t terrible, but they could do with a bit of work.
As for everything else, well, I go through phases. University is in its ‘hell period’ right now and even that might be an understatement. Needless to say, it’s easy to let things (like housework) slip through the cracks and fall to my parents.
Here’s hoping the rest of October is going to be a productive month!