Guys, we are in December! Can we just take a minute to appreciate how close Christmas is? I am getting way too excited for Christmas this year because it means that I’ll be able to spend time with my family. It already feels like I haven’t seen them in forever, even though I saw them two weeks ago. I have ten days until I move back to the coast and I am more than ready to be in the Coromandel. I miss that place. Just a little bit.
It would be rude move on to my goals for December without letting you know how November went though, right? So here’s a little review of my goals for November before I get started 🙂
1) Read two books. No. Ha. So close, yet so far. I managed to read Lace and I got most of the way through a second book. I’m just more interested in reading blogs at the moment. Not even sorry.
2) Try three new recipes from my new cookbook. No. Again. I did try two, but that’s it. They were pretty damn amazing though. I was given a lot of pre-cooked food in November, so I hardly ate any of my own groceries. I’m not really complaining. The food was good and I got to save a bit of money. That’s a win in my book.
3) Survive one month of BBG. Ha. No. My hatred for bodyweight exercises continues.
4) Keep up with my summer school stuff. Yes! I actually am. I’m keeping up with the college readings at least. They are the things that I usually fall behind in, so I am mildly proud of myself.
5) No café coffee. Again – no. I just love coffee way too much. Maybe I’ll try again in December 😉
This month is going to be filled with goals from my 101 in 1001 page! I am determined as heck to get some of these things crossed off my list!
1) No cafe coffee. For real this time. I need to save money so I can pay my rent. I love coffee, but I need to control myself when it comes to how much I spend on the stuff.
2) No alcohol. This might be a bit of a stretch (since it is the holiday season and all) but I want to give my body a bit of a break. I’m not a boozy person by any means, but I think it would be nice to not lean on alcohol in potentially awkward social situations.
3) Design a new blog header. I’m already sick of my blog header. Hopefully I can find the time and motivation to design a new one. I use Canva for all of the images on my blog. It is a huge help for someone who is as design challenged as I am.
4) Watch the sunrise and the sunset. I’m going to be living opposite a beach in ten days, which creates the perfect setting for beautiful landscape photography. It would be rude to not sneak in a photo of the sunrise and sunset.
5) Read a book. I just got a book that is 637 pages long, so I think that’ll keep me entertained for the whole of December!
6) Walk the dog twice a week. I say “twice” because there are a lot of people who want to walk our family pet. Really. My mum, shareholders in the campground, and random family friends usually take turns walking her. I always complain that she doesn’t listen to me, so I figure that I will try to change that by spending more time with her.
Your turn! What are some of your goals for the month?