Someone pinch me. I’m struggling to come to grips with the reality that the year is almost over. I’m so ready (and so not ready) for it, but can we please slow down? Just a little. I have exams in t-minus twenty-five days and I know I’m not ready for those. Time to do the proper college student thing and figure out how to cram a whole semester of learning into a couple of weeks. If you haven’t got this down to a fine art form, then you should rethink you college career 😉
It would be rude move on to my goals for October without letting you know how September went though, right? So here’s a little review of my goals for September before I get started 🙂
1) Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I’m sure I did this for about 90% of the month. Ha. There was the odd moment of running late or just not being hungry, but I did make sure that I had breakfast every morning. No matter what. Half wins still count 😉
2) Drink a bottle of water a day. Nope. I guess I’m just not a ‘water’ person. Ha. I tried.
3) Exercise three days a week. Yes. This happened.Finally. It was usually just a quick jaunt around the estuary track, but it still counts. That track is close to 8km! Now I just have to bite the bullet and incorporate some strength training again. 4) Save a bit of money. I don’t know how it happened, but I managed to save money! Ha. Well, I’m assuming I did because my bank balance has gone up instead of down…which is nothing short of a miracle.
6) Disconnect from the internet for twenty-four hours. I think I had a day planned for this, but it kind of went out the window. Again – whoops.
7) Try two recipes from Pinterest. Ha, nope.I was the laziest and/or worst cook in September. I don’t think I tried really cooking anything other than kumara, chicken and spaghetti bolognese. Whoops.
This month is going to be a flurry of exams, handing in assignments and trying to have some semblance of a social life. I feel like I might be trying to achieve a little bit too much, but I’m gonna push on anyway! 🙂
1) Book a lesson with a driving instructor and book a time for my full licence test. I’ve had my restricted licence for a long, long time and I am sick of it. Plus, a friend of mine is flying in from Canada and I need to have a full licence if I’m planning on being her chauffeur (legally).
2) Apply to summer school. I was talking to someone at college and they told me that I have nine papers to go before I graduate. Nine. I’ve been toying with the idea of loading myself up and taking five papers in one semester and four in the other, or taking a summer school paper this year and then four papers each semester in 2016 (if that makes sense). The only thing is that it has to be able to be done via distance, otherwise I have no choice. Looks like I have to get Googling.
3) Finish the birthday present for my friend. This could be a bit tricky because it requires photographs currently at my parent’s house, but I think it can be done. Fingers crossed. She gave me the best present ever, so I need to get my act together.
4) Disconnect from the internet. For real this time. I have exams coming up, so I feel like I need a day (or two) of not being so connected to the world. I’m sure I can survive 24 hours with no internet access. It’s possible for a blogger to do, right?
5) Incorporate body weight exercises into my exercise routine. Believe it or not, but I actually have the Kayla Itsines BBG. Ha. Never would have guessed, right? 😉 I had been following her Instagram account for ages, read reviews everywhere and I thought ‘to heck with it’ and got the guides for myself. I actually do notice a difference when I’m working out consistently, so I’m gonna try create a routine that I can stick to! Fingers crossed.
Your turn! What are some of your goals for the month?