Um, am I the only one struggling to believe that we’ve reached September? Can someone pinch me? We are so close to Christmas. I’m feeling the urge to panic and run around to get presents organised…like, yesterday. Lord knows it is no secret that I am the worst gift giver in the history of the world. Good thing I’m single, right? 😉 I can’t imagine the look on the poor sod’s face when he realises that he has to make do with what he has (if you know what I really mean).
It would be rude move on to my goals for September without letting you know how August went though, right? So here’s a little review of my goals for August before I get started 🙂
1) Drink a bottle of water a day (or have enough tea to make up for it). Ha. Epic fail. Some days I would power through two or three bottles of water, and other days I would survive on a single cup of coffee.
2) Read two books. Yes. Hallelujah. They were books on New Zealand’s sex industry, which I apparently have an interest in. Shocked? I am. It’s still true though. You wouldn’t be surprised if you knew what my secret business was going to be (and no, it is not a brothel). 3) Figure out if I can fit a part-time job in with my life. Done. Yes. It turns out I can juggle a part time job, a social life and college work (just). It feels like I’m losing my mind sometimes, but I’m doing it. Hooray!
4) Work out three days a week. I think I managed to do this twice last month. Epic fail.
5) Refrain from buying café style coffee. If you saw my Twitter, then you would know that my favourite café had a deal of $2 coffees (of any kind/size) for an entire week. Needless to say, I ended up going there nearly every day. Not even sorry.
6) Cook three recipes from one of my cookbooks. Nope. I’m a lazy cook. Trying to rectify that problem though. It wouldn’t help if I didn’t have to cook for myself. Single girl problems.
7) Blog every day in August. Nope. I started out so strong, but I lost my edge. I couldn’t think of content for every single day and it just made me way more stressed than it should have.
The goals for this month might look a little repetitive. Not sorry (again). I have some things that I want to achieve and I want to be accountable. I hate seeing so many goals that aren’t struck out. It really does bother me more than it should. It also motivates me to try harder next month. Now. Let’s do this!
1) Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. I am terrible at missing meals and then making up for it at the other end of the day. Really. I need to do more meal prep so I can break this habit.
2) Drink a bottle of water a day. For real this time. This needs to happen.
3) Exercise three days a week. I want to make a change in my life and it definitely isn’t going to happen if I sit on my ass. I need to get moving.
Feeling repetitive yet? 😉
4) Save a bit of money. I don’t make a lot of money, but I definitely have the ability to stash some out of reach. I don’t care how much I save, I just want to save something this month.
5) Attend a #brunchclub event. I loved my first one, so I would like to repeat the experience. Hopefully I’m around and can get tickets in time!
6) Disconnect from the internet for twenty four hours. It might kill me, but I need to do it. I am way too connected for my own good. The goal is on my 101 in 1001 list, so I want to give it a shot. Wish me luck.
7) Try two recipes from Pinterest. I have boards upon boards dedicated to food, so I think I need to try some of it. Failing that, I would like to try some recipes that have appeared on FoodGawker. I’m a bit obsessed.
Your turn! What are some of your goals for the month?