A month has gone by, and that means another round of goals! Can I get a hip-hip hooray? I don’t know why, but I’m really excited for August. Am I the only one?
It would be rude to keep you guys out of the loop though, no? I’m going to do a little review of my goals for July before I get started on my goals for August!
1) Read a book. For fun. Done! 🙂 I found a really interesting book in a really interesting part of the college library. I definitely got a few side eyes from the librarians. 2) Walk 60km. Done! I can’t believe that I managed to do this but I DID. I feel way too accomplished right now. 3) Limit myself to one coffee a day. YES. By the end of July I was having one a day and I was feeling pretty bad okaaaaay. August will be the real test of my dedication 😉
4) Go to all my college lectures/tutorials
unless I’m struck down by lightning. Fail. Ha. I ended up missing four hours of classes this week, so that is a big, fat fail. I was sick and feeling like death warmed up though. I feel like I was doing everyone a service by staying well away from campus 😉
1) Drink a bottle of water a day (or have enough tea to make up for it). I have phases of drinking water and tea like a crazy person. I need a way of tracking how much I drink though, so this seems like the perfect time. You can never have too much water, right?
2) Read two books. I’ve found a couple of books that I love and I am determined to finish them this month.
3) Figure out if I can fit a part-time job in with my life. I’m toying with the idea of staying in Auckland over summer, but I need to have a job established before that happens…and I need to save. Now. Hopefully I can find a job that fits my schedule/make my schedule fit my job.
4) Work out three days a week. Do I have to explain? I need to move more. Exercise makes me happy and I like being a happy person.
5) Refrain from buying café style coffee. This is part of my 101 in 1001 goals, so I’m going to try! I’m not going to buy coffee myself, but I’m more than willing to drink coffee that someone else buys for me 😉
6) Cook three recipes from one of my cookbooks. I need to expand my cooking repertoire, so following a recipe seems like the most logical step, no?
7) Blog every day in August. This is also one of my 101 in 1001 goals, so I’m determined to try. I love blogging, so I just need to be a bit more organised with my time. Fingers crossed.
Your turn! What are some of your goals for the month?