Well, I don’t know what happened, but last week didn’t exactly go to plan for me. I started out with such high hopes and expectations, only to have them crushed right around Thursday. Goodness knows why, but all of the wind just went out of my sails and I just plodded along for the rest of the week. Don’t you hate that?
I could blame that feeling for my total lack of accomplishment last week, but that’s the easy way out. No one really likes pointing the finger, least of all at themselves. Well, here I am, doing that exact thing. I’ll post a little update about my goals from last week and then I’ll figure out what I’m hoping to accomplish this week! 🙂
Goals from last week:
Work out. Done! I did it! Hooray! It might not have been as much as I liked, but I did it! It’s only onwards and upwards from here! Email the study abroad coordinator.I’ve actually decided that I don’t want to study while I’m in college. I’m going to wait and go on a great big OE by myself 🙂
- Attend every class. Fail. Ha. I missed one class because I was feeling like death warmed up, but I guess that’s still a fail.
- Get to sleep at a decent hour. Definite fail. I always get to talking to people in Europe and they keep me awake to all hours of the morning…and there’s usually a good TV show that I’m binge watching 😉
Drink a bottle of water a day.Yes! I’m actually beginning to crave water. This is coming from someone who can drink absolutely nothing and feel perfectly fine. Weird, no?
- Send out my mail. Ha, no. I actually ended up searching for this “mail” to send out but I never found it!
Get coffee/lunch with one of my friends.Yes! Yay. I actually have friends in Auckland 😉 Ha coffee is also chewing through all my money, so I’m going to have to find a cheaper way to catch up with them one day soon.
Goals for this week:
- Find, write, and send the cards/letters I have hidden in my room. I know they’re here somewhere.
- Return the books that I’m not interested in. I started off with ten books and I’ve managed to cull it down to seven. That’s a bit more manageable, no?
- Read the article for part two of the end of semester exam. I have an open-book exam that we’re discussing in one of my classes this week. It would probably be a good idea to read the material for one question before showing up (Just a theory).
- Be more active. This doesn’t mean that I have to hard out exercise every day, it just means that I have to make a more conscious effort to move. Human bodies weren’t designed for sitting still.
- Read a chapter a day. I have seven books to read. I know that trying to read seven in two weeks is a long shot, but I would like to have read at least two. Here’s hoping.
- Disconnect from the internet by 11pm. I’m deadly serious about this one. I’m connected from the minute I wake up to the minute I fall asleep. There has to be some sort of moderation on this stuff.