Happy Wednesday everyone! I’m a little late to the link up party this week, but I’m gonna give it my best shot anyway! This is my first week off in a long, long time, so I should be productive and be able to get a tonne of things done, right? Well, you would think so 😉 I did (and do) love my summer job, don’t get me wrong there, but I’m really enjoying my time off.
I decided to participate in Weekly Wishes, which is a link up hosted by Melyssa! It’s a place where you can write what you want to achieve during the week/month/quarter/six months or year! It’s a great place to be held accountable and to encourage other people to set and accomplish their own goals!
I have a week (or less) left in my parental home, so this week is going to be one of making sure everything is ready! Boxes and boxes of books, suitcases of clothes and maybe a bottle of vodka or two 😉
MY GOALS FOR LAST WEEK:
- Go for a run. Twice. Well, this kinda happened. I did go for a “proper run” once and I was so glad I did. A day or two after that, and I found that my sciatic nerve was doing me some serious harm. I went to get adjusted and she forbade any exercise for two to three days afterwards. There goes that week. I did, however, go for a nice walk with the dog. That counts, right?
Start a new book.Done! I started and finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James. I even started reading Fifty Shades Darker. Who would have thought? Sort through my clothes.Done! i have a pile of clothes to donate and a pile of clothes that definitely cannot be donated aka sexy underwear and singlets that have far too many holes in them. Apply for student loans/allowances.Done! I applied way later than I should have, but it’s done and being processed as we speak! That’s all that counts, right?
MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:
- Drop my clothes off at the op-shop. There are more than enough in my town, so I don’t have an excuse. Plus, donating clothes is always better than just throwing them out, right?
- Finish purging my room of any non-essential things. I’ve been going through and slowly getting rid of things that I don’t need/haven’t looked at in the last year. It is oddly freeing and I want to be finished by the time I move out.
- Clean my car; inside and out. My personal car was also my work car, so it looks a little dusty and probably has some left over cardboard boxes sitting in the boot. My poor baby girl needs a clean before she becomes a city car again 😉
- Figure out what to do with my second blog. SURPRISE! Ha. I think I’m going to make it private, but I’m still undecided. We’ll see.
- Pack my things. Well, duh. I’m planning on moving on Sunday/Monday, so it is kind of essential. I just want to have one goal that I know I can definitely accomplish, okay?
- Exercise. Just in general. Sometimes my body doesn’t allow me to run, but it allows me to do other exercises. I just want to be active.
- Create a monthly budget. I’m moving to Auckland and that is definitely one place that can guzzle your money before you can blink. I think a budget, while boring, is essential while being a student in college as well. Gotta keep that wild spending under lock 😉
- Apply for a student ID (if the loan goes through). I still don’t have a valid ID for my new college. Opps. Hopefully I can rectify this when my loan gets approved.
- Get a haircut. If you really knew me then you would know that this is a valid goal. I don’t really pay attention to anything beauty wise (I am getting better though). Once I went eight months without a haircut. Cringe. No more.