Happy Tuesday! I managed to have a half day off yesterday and got to relax a little. I’m beginning to smell sweet freedom and I’m more than a little excited by it! I went to the chemist and picked up a bunch of make up. I’m actually a little shocked at myself. I’m usually the last person to pick up beauty products, but I’ve become more and more interested in them lately. You never know, you might be seeing a beauty things around here 😉
I decided to participate in the Weekly Wishes, which is a link up hosted by Melyssa! It’s a place where you can write what you want to achieve during the week/month/quarter/six months or year! It’s a great place to be held accountable and to encourage other people to set and accomplish their own goals!
I, like Melyssa, am going to be moving in around three weeks, so much of this month will be dedicated to making sure that I am ready! I hope you had a great January and are ready to take February by the horns!
MY GOALS FOR JANUARY:
Find a house.Done! I found a house a week ago and I am beyond happy about it! I’ll be moving my stuff up in a week or so! After all the heavy lifting I’ll be going on a shopping spree with my mama! Finalise my college papers.Done! I’m taking eight papers this year: Intro to Media Studies, Public Relations Practice, News Media Processes, Communication and Technological Change, Creative Communication, Media Skills, Introduction to Cross-Cultural Communication and Public Relations Management! I am so excited for this year to start!
- Exercise three times a week. Big fail. I think I ran maybe twice since I wrote that post then I found myself incredibly fatigued, falling asleep in the afternoon and sleeping through my alarm in the morning. I was just too tired to do anything beyond work and sleep.
Read a book.Done! I finished reading Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult! It is such a good book and I’ll be writing a review on it soon! Keep your eyes peeled!
- Sort through my clothes/
makeup.Kinda, sorta half done! I’ve worked on revamping my makeup, since I’ve had it for such a long time. I’ve slowly replaced my moisturiser, concealer, foundation, eye liner and mascara. I want to add a brow pencil and a lip stain/gloss then I think I’ll be done! My clothes, on the other hand, haven’t seen any love.
MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:
- Go for a run. Twice. I feel like this isn’t a big ask and is totally achievable if I go to bed/wake up early enough.
- Start a new book. I want to find a new book to read and I’m determined for it to happen this week.
- Sort through my clothes. I want piles of keep/donate/throw out. I’m determined to make this happen this week. It’ll only take an hour (at most) of tough love and then it’ll be over.
- Apply for student loans/allowances. I’m way late to the game here, but it turns out that my account has been turned into a “view only” one. Frustrating, to say the least.