Well, three weeks after making these goals, I’m staring August in the mouth and wondering where the time went. Does anybody know? It’s as if I’ve blinked and missed it. Whoops. As it’s the end of the month, I thought this would be the perfect time to do a little review of those goals I set for myself.
- Finish assignments forty-eight hours before the due date. No rushing is going to happen this month: I actually didn’t have any assignments this month. Ha. Whoops. Maybe that one can just carry on over to August ;]
- Study for four hours each day. At least: I feel like this one didn’t happen as well. With my blah mood last week, I just wasn’t in the frame of mind to do anything but eat and sleep.
Research, research, research. I’m looking at switching degrees and universities entirely so this is the time to look into everything that is involved.I actually did this one! Hooray! I have successfully changed my enrolment to a Bachelor of Communication Studies with a major in public relations. I am so happy.
- Be out of bed at 8am and ready for the day by 9am. No laziness, please. Yeah…This didn’t happen either. Haha. Opps.
- Make my bed every. day. See above. I’m ashamed.
- Stop hoarding cups in my bedroom. The struggle is real. I collected four cups out of my room last night. The struggle is definitely real.
Clean more often.I did this. Hooray! The boys seem to be on a strike from cleaning…Oh, 99% of the time. They started the year off strong, but it has only gone downhill since then. Get new tyres for my car/fix the bumper. I got new tyres for my car. In fact, I have had three new tyres in the space of three weeks. The two front tyres were looking pretty thin-to-the-ground so I had them replaced…Only to have one of them go flat five days later. It was my fault but it doesn’t make it any less annoying.
- Don’t buy coffee/food from cafés/restaurants this month. But sushiiiiii and coffee. I’m an addict, what can I say? Fail.
- Blog everyday. Ha. Hahahahahaha. That’s all I can say about that.
- Set a date with the driving instructor and then a date to sit my full licence. Goodness, I am a lazy person.
- Go to the gym 3-4 times per week. Big. Fat. No.
- …And gym classes. Plural. See above. Gah.
- Eat clean…
ish. Slip ups happen people. Opps. Use the resistance band/try tabata workouts.I did, however, try more tabata workouts. At one point I even said “I think I’m having an asthma attack”. Oh yes, they may be short, but they are effective.
Cook more often/try new recipes.I did this as well. I found my cooking groove, and it is awesome.
Total: 5/16 goals.
Oh my, that is awful. I don’t know what to say right now. There really is no way to justify it. They weren’t overly hard goals. I just had a
really awful none-too-pleasant month. However, this was just a list of general things that I wanted to accomplish. I haven’t mentioned the never-ending lists that have taken over my planner. Now those lists have big, fat crosses all over them. I have been accomplishing those daily tasks. Hooray!
August is a crazy/insane month and I won’t have time for wallowing or self-pity. Nope. That is the month I really have to knuckle down and just eat that frog. I’m thinking of more goals I would like to accomplish and I will be posting them in a couple of days! Until then, I hope you don’t judge me too harshly and have a good week. We’re halfway there!